Facilities Ops Coordinator Conference Center
391 Country Club Road
Wylie, Texas, 75098
We are searching for an experienced Facilities Ops Coordinator Conference Center
Responsible for coordination of Conference Center set-up, break down, and turnover for all events. Work with the Campus Facilities Coordinator in planning and executing event requirements. Assist the Facilities and Plant Operations Manager or assigned supervisor in ensuring the building(s) equipment and utilities are maintained in good working order in accordance with facility policies.
Facility and Plant Operations Staff are considered critical to the operation and security of the district in all conditions and, therefore, are expected to report for duty as usual during emergency weather closures and be flexible to work varied hours and schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Special Events Coordinator regarding scheduling, room setups, and various client concerns.
- Set all conference rooms according to the specifications given by the Conference Coordinator
- Ensure all the breakout and work rooms have correct amount of tables and chairs before any meetings.
- Provide a high level of positive customer interaction dealing with public and internal clients and assist guests by answering their questions or inquiries.
- Work effectively with other member of Facilities when warrantied.
- Work with the contracted custodial staff and their account manager to ensure a high level of cleanliness, carpet care and special event staffing.
- Maintain college furniture and supporting equipment in peak performance, and organizes storage rooms.
- May be responsible for building access control; secures the building when not in use, and opens doors for special events.
- May perform some basic building maintenance tasks such as minor plumbing, lighting, tile replacement, etc.
- May receive and create work orders in the computerized work order system.
- May directly schedule and supervise temporary service employees as needed and monitor budget for temp staffing.
- Work flexible hours and days as needed, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned
- Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of directly related experience in Conference Center setup or building operations required. Supervisory experience desired.
Licenses/Certificates: Current Texas driver’s license and insurable with the College’s insurance carrier.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of proper lifting techniques with the ability to apply those techniques.
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of work order database system.
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write and carry out oral and/or written procedures and practices with the ability to answer work related questions in English
- Ability to operate a two-way radio
- Ability to put the fire system on test for maintenance work
- Ability to respond to fire alarms and other emergencies and to work with emergency responders
- Ability to operate the computerized energy management system for temperature changes.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques and standards with minimum supervision within the assigned time frame
- Ability to plan, schedule, assign, and supervise personnel to ensure setup requests are completed accurately.
- Ability to push, pull, carry or regularly lift objects up to approximately 25 pounds and/or occasionally lift about 50 pounds.
- Ability to accept supervision, assignments, change and correction.
- Ability to demonstrate competence and interest to the general public, students, faculty and staff.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $30,535.00 - 35,115.25
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.