Professor, Construction Management
300 Rivercrest Blvd, Allen Center
Allen, Texas, 75002
We are searching for an experienced Professor, Construction Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned courses in accordance with the course syllabus and college policy.
- Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance.
- Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption when appropriate.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction.
- Provide advice and/or assistance to associate faculty in regard to course content and instructional materials.
- Post and observe a minimum of six office hours per week for purposes of academic advising and student consultation. Hold office hours at times which will be most convenient for students. Meet with students as needed by appointment.
- Advise and assist students during the ongoing registration process.
- Actively participate in discipline, division and college-wide task forces and committees for an average of two hours per week.
- Attend scheduled discipline, division and college-wide meetings.
- Actively participate in assisting the college to maintain standards required for accreditation.
- Perform registration tasks determined in consultation with the division dean.
- Participate in full regalia in official graduation ceremonies.
- Work with Library staff in the selection of print and non-print materials in the overall collection development of the Library.
- Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the division dean.
- Establish annual objectives mutually determined with the division dean, including personal and professional growth plans.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge and competence in the appropriate academic disciplines.
- Contribute to and participate in staff development programs.
- Participate in community activities and services.
- Teaching assignments may be on one or more of the college's campuses or offsite locations and may include concurrent enrollment, distance education, evening and weekend programs, online instruction and other instructional modalities. Non-teaching assignments include instructional development, academic advising and assisting students, registration assignments, participating in college-wide activities and task forces, and other appropriate responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate's degree in Construction Management and/or related field from a regionally accredited institution and demonstrated competencies in discipline. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Minimum of five (5) years' working experience as a Construction Manager.
Community college or university teaching experience is desired.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
Employment Type: Full-time Faculty
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $63,468.00 - 76,609.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email email@example.com.
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.