Instructor I Diagnostic Medical Sonography
2200 University Drive,, McKinney Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Instructor I Diagnostic Medical Sonography
This part-time instructor position will assist with diagnostic medical sonography skills training in the sonography lab. Oversee sonographic exams performed by students. Assist students in practical and clinical skills as outlined in the curriculum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor and train sonography students.
- Assist students with sonography procedures to include: abdomen, small parts, OBGYN, MSK, pediatrics, and/or vascular studies.
- Evaluate and provide feedback to sonography students.
- Maintain time and evaluation forms for sonography students assisted.
- Provide a positive environment for students to be actively engaged in their learning environment.
- Assist faculty in developing and updating curriculum and competencies as needed.
- Assist in establishing new relationships and maintaining current relationships with clinical partners.
- Be available as scheduled for students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the program director.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of paid sonography work experience required. Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), American Registry for Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) Registry required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of sonography imaging equipment
- Proficiency in guidance, evaluation, and instruction
- Knowledge of sonography protocols
- Proficient in general, obstetric and gynecology, MSK, pediatrics, and/or vascular imaging
- Ability to utilize imaging equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work well with others
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $29.54 - 29.54
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email email@example.com.
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.